Re-Pairing Basement Defender 1.0 to WiFi
1.0 and 1.5 Re-Pairing your WiFi or Second Attempts
Your Basement Defender is no longer or not paired to your wifi- without it you can’t get your free 12 month of daily testing and alert service, as well as remote diagnostics of your system.
Follow these steps:
We also have a video tutorial that you can view by clicking here
- Log out of the app from the top right hand corner.
- Open the app and click on the yellow device setup button
- Only enter the serial number – DO NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS or it will think you are registering, but you are already registered and you cant register twice!
- Push and hold the center Pair WiFi button on the device until you hear 2 beeps – release the button. The WiFi/Comm light should start flashing red.
- Go to your phone’s settings, go to WiFi settings (not the app) and go to WiFi Networks. You should see a BDap with your device’s serial number. Choose that network.
- If it asks for a password, the password is APadmin and your device serial number.
- Now go back to the app and allow the connection pop ups then click next on the bottom of the app screen.
- Enter your home’s network name and password – they are case sensitive.
- Click enter and wait – if the WiFi light turns solid green then you are paired – if it just blinks green or is red – you were unsuccessful.
If you are unsuccessful then either it is the wrong network name and password or you are pairing to a 5G network.
The Basement Defender will only pair to 2.4GHz network.
If there is no internet connection, you might need a WiFi extender.