How can we help?
Re-Pairing Basement Defender 2.0 to WiFi
Your Basement Defender is no longer or not paired to your wifi- without it you can’t get your free 12 month of daily testing and alert service, as well as remote diagnostics of your system.
Follow these steps:
- If your dealer installed a Yellow Basement Defender Router box to your home’s WiFi router – unplug the power cord to the yellow router box, wait 10 seconds, then plug the power cord back in to reboot the network- it should auto reconnect.
- If that does not work, try unplugging the power to your home network router, wait 10 seconds and replug the power in to reboot the network- it should auto reconnect.
If it wont connect, or you do not have the yellow Basement Defender router box you will need to pair your unit manually.
Manually pairing your Basement Defender to your home’s WiFi network.
- Log out of the app from the top right hand corner.
- Open the app and click on the yellow device setup button
- Only enter the serial number with the zeros- DO NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS or it will think you are registering, but you are already registered and cant register twice!
- Push and hold the center button on the device until you hear 1 beep- release the button. The ring light should turn blue.
- click next on the bottom of the app screen.
- Enter your home’s network name and password- they are case sensitive.
- Click enter and wait- if the WiFi light turns solid green then you are paired- if it just blinks green or is red- you were unsuccessful.
If you are unsuccessful then either it is the wrong network name and password or you are pairing to a 5G network.
The Basement Defender will only pair to 2.4GHz network.
If there is no internet connection, you might need a WiFi extender.